FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL passenger denied boarding due to t-shirt design
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:49 pm
northwest_buckeye

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
After reading this whole posting, two parts (from the very beginning, actually) stuck out in my mind.

First:
"On August 18, after I cleared multiple TSA security checks, a Delta pilot denied my right to board a flight."

-Sorry, boss. Flying a plane is by no means a right. Free speech is a right. Freedom to assemble is a right. Freedom to travel a private transportation carrier is not a right. You're in the pilot's world, in every way possible. If you can't handle that, there is a lovely interstate system that connects Buffalo and Phoenix.

And second:
"I was then questioned by TSA about the significance and meaning of the shirt. I politely explained that it was “mocking the security theater charade and over-reactions to terrorism by the general public — both of which we're seeing right now, ironically.” "

-Not the best place to voice your opinion about airport security. To airport security, at that. This is an expression of free speech, as no one threw you in jail for your opinion. Private businesses do not have to respect your opinion. The phrase "we reserve the right to refuse service" rings a bell.

Bottom line of this whole piece: Don't be an idiot. Not everyone is as humorous, hip, and witty when it comes to dealing with airline terrorism... Especially those directly affected by airline terrorism... In the state of New York... Where airline terrorism kind of disrupted life for a few people.

Just my two cents.