FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL passenger denied boarding due to t-shirt design
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:42 pm
pnoeric
In memoriam

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I read it all - sorry for what you went through. Sadly, with some jumped up jerks in society, put a uniform on them and they think they are God. Disgraceful.
I'm happy to say that it's not my story... and I agree, if everything the author claims is true, the whole thing is pretty ridiculous and makes DL and the airport cops look terrible.

Originally Posted by cdhbfcp
Sounds to me like someone wearing a tshirt designed to get attention, and he got it.
Originally Posted by mrredskin
he's an idiot. plain and simple. don't wear stupid s*** that a lot of other people don't know the meaning of when it could be construed the wrong way
I would disagree, and here's why: did you see the t-shirt in question? I had to go back and look at it a few times because it's so not offensive. It's an interesting, complex graphic design (with no offensive elements) and some (very small, non-offensive) copy around the outside. Hmm in fact here it is:

If you visit any hip t-shirt store (or even the not-so-hip, like Urban Outfitters), you'll find many shirts that are far more graphic and/or offensive than this. Seriously, I had to look at it twice to even figure out what people are so upset about. To me it "reads" as some kind of design that might be from a movie or TV show. Perhaps the phrase "take off your shoes" was too much?

And furthermore: you may not like this t-shirt or the design isn't right for you... no problem.... but really, would you be "uncomfortable" by some guy wearing it? (Haven't we all seen much, much worse?) Did the DL rep think "real" terrorists could be spotted by the advertising on their t-shirts? Good grief. If only there had been more unicorns, kittens and glitter, maybe then the guy and his wife would have been allowed to fly.

Last edited by pnoeric; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:01 pm