FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OLCI purchased upgrade offer to non-elite before elite upgrades processed
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:46 pm
wesmanz

I called the EXP desk and they basically said that I needed to add myself to the upgrade list at the airport. She confirmed I was first on the list and that there was only one seat left. I went over my story and she of course said this is the first she's heard of it and that I should probably talk with Customer Relations about it since it's a policy related question. She took down my companions PNR and his name and said she would pass it along and that this all was very strange.

This is very troubling for me, as I'm a DFW based passenger that has on several occasions been trumped on the upgrade list by through passengers, this only adds another layer of people that can screw me now.

Basically what it boils down to is I'm pretty much screwed for this flight tomorrow as it's likely I'll get trumped by a T passenger or some other random non-elite passenger will be offered the last seat for upgrade.

--wes