FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Thanksgiving/Christmas Schedule Cutbacks on United
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by mhnate
No. UAL no longer operates LAX to Narita on 12/24 nonstop, and many other days now. Further, we are traveling to BKK via Narita and UAL no longer operates daily nonstop svc on that route either. Big changes. Is UAL responsible to protect us on another carrier in the same class or is there some rule that when it is reward ticket one has to find reward space all over again?
As noted in my post, I saw direct flights on 6 days +/- 12/24 on EF. Does this mean EF is reporting incorrect schedule data? Maybe UA just changed it and EF needs time to sync?

Originally Posted by DianeDakota
UA was always more helpful about fixing situations then they are since this merger. It seems what CO is imposing is a rigidity that is going to destroy the airline.
This is one of the more interesting things I've been learning in the post 3/3 era.

There are certain "public" changes that were made on 3/3 but there were also policy changes quietly made, and only through this dialog, are we learning the extent and scope of them.

It seems like, for the most part, all agents have lost any ability to open space or play with fare classes to deal with IRROPS situations. What I see posted here day after day is the notion that CO will get put you on any flight that has space in same fare class, but if you're subject to IRROPS and that fare class is sold out on the best alternatives, then you're stuck with potentially terrible or useless itineraries.

Originally Posted by craz
well did you ever think maybe PMUA was way too helpful? and that they should have been alot more PMCO and other Carriers

I believe the main problem was PMUA wasnt tight fisted enough about things and PMCO was too tight fisted
It works both ways. Because UA wasn't tight fisted with me, I wasn't tight fisted with them. Since I got so much care and so many benefits, I didn't bother to ask for compensation or file complaints when they screwed up. And, I was willing to pay more to fly with them instead of taking cheaper options with comparable schedules. So, their "too helpful" policies encouraged me to also be "too helpful" in return. It goes both ways. Now, my generosity is gone, and I'll fight with them down to the last cent, because that's what they're doing to me.

This is a relationship. I'd argue that a win-win cordial relationship is better for everyone than a relationship between enemy combatants.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 23, 2012 at 1:10 pm Reason: merge