FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone flown on sukhoi superjet 100-95
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:49 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I flew Polkovo Airways twice and had 2 great flights on old Soviet aircraft. Forgot what kind. A short hop from Moscow - St Petersburg an a plane that looked like a 727 on steroids. But the best was St Petersburg - TLV in a converted bomber. I was only passenger in C and the F/A's let we come down the giant stairs that lead to the belly (bomb bay) from the center of C class. That's where the crew smokes so I was welcome to come down any time. They also let me in the cockpit during the flight. 4 PILOTS!!!!! The largest cockpit I've ever seen and everything was analog. Not an led light or dial in the whole place (Captain, F/O, Engineer and NAVAGATOR
It doesn't sound safe to me for a flight to have its FAs smoking downstairs, presumably near the cargo and checked luggage. However, what an interesting experience!