FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reasonably Priced Openjaws are Gone
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:20 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Reasonably Priced Openjaws are Gone

A few years ago, I made great use of the multicity feature on the klm website to book openjaws. The German site seemd to be great for this, and I often began a journey to the UK in Switzerland, with the return back to Germany (e.g. GVA-AMS-EDI then EDI-AMS-NUE). Sometimes the prices were even better than ordinary round trips.

Now, it would seem this is no longer possible. I want to do a FRA-AMS-ABZ followed by ABZ-AMS-DUS, and it prices out at silly prices, whereas a straight round trip can be as low as EUR149. I have tried other combinations, such as flying into ABZ and out of EDI, and it does not yield anything reasonable.

I am doing anything wrong, or are the days of playing with openjaws for reasonable fares over? Some of the ordinary round trips are a great deal, especially for obtaining segments cheaply. But flying out of FRA and back into FRA is going to leave me with a bit of a train trip at either end.. which arguably takes away the financial advantage an ordinary round trip offers.