FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this back-to-back ticketing?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:28 pm
LilAbner

Originally Posted by Vulcan
Suppose my company sends me EWR-LAX (spend a month on business)-EWR.

It would be insane to say that during that month, UA would not allow me to make side trips to take care of other business and then complete my return to EWR. UA would be out of business with these types of rules. This is not back to back ticketing.
"Back to Back" is not side trips during a stay on a round trip.

"Back to Back" is a guy that books "A" to "B" to "A" for say a two week turn around on a 7 day (minimum stay) restricted fare. Then he books "B" to "A" to "B" returning to each airport a few days after arriving. People used to do this all the time until they put a stop to it and messed with your MP account plus charged the passenger full fare if they got caught.

A guy is a business man and needs to be in EWR every other weekend for one day. Example--- LAX-EWR-LAX with a 2 week stay on a round trip ticket to get the reduced fare. One day after arriving in EWR he uses a separate ticket back to LAX with a return to EWR a few week later & gets the same discounted fare.

Arriving in EWR and flying anywhere else is perfectly O.K. In fact if a guy got caught once doing a "Back to Back" he could try & say that an emergency came up, but having two confirmed reservations in advance would blow that theory all to smithereens.

Probably wouldn't get caught once or twice, but a pattern will most likely be discovered by MP eventually.