FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access & "Premium" product ex Nadi
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:51 pm
Zaco

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Thanks SFO_FT.

Just thought I'd come back and answer my own question, in case anyone is wondering about this in future:
  • Priority check in in Nadi, but no lounge access
  • Priority boarding
  • Really like the "premium economy" product - it's effectively the same seat as economy, but the middle seat is folded down into a tray table for extra space. I was in the first row, so not sure if there is any extra leg room in the rows behind. Water, headphones, newspaper and menu were on the seat when I boarded.
  • You can order anything from the "buy on board" menu at any time for no charge. This is a great concept, as the range of choices is pretty extensive - I had a steak pie with a couple of G&Ts, then a toblerone and a wine a little later on.
  • IFE was provided via a digital player pre-loaded with a selection of movies and TV shows
  • Service was excellent - purser constantly checked whether I wanted something else, and also let me know before the service ended and the bars were closed.

All in all a great flight, and a good product, I'll happily fly this again.

Cheers, Zac