FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:17 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by philemer
Can someone explain the differences between the $25 Dining/Willow Stream certs and the Visa $25 breakfast certs. Forget the Willow Stream part just the differences in using them for breakfast.
You would give the waiter your Visa $25 BREAKFAST CERTS. Your $25 Dining/Willow Stream certs CANNOT be used for breakfast (at least according to the T&Cs, only lunch & dinner). Furthermore, the $25 Dining/WillowStream certs are Premier/Plat certs. The Visa $25 Dining certs don't seem to be usable at WillowStream, rather they are DINING ONLY.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I´m not sure how easily your plan would work as I believe the dining certs are intended to be used when you´re staying at the hotel. AFAIK the T&C do not specifically mention such a requirement, so in theory it should work, but redeeming dining certs electronically (vs. just handing over the paper certs) can be a pain in itself even when staying at the hotel.

I.e. some restaurants do not have access to the FPC system, so they´d have to call the front desk to confirm the certs are available, and IME it sometimes takes a while for them to sort things out.

Btw, you should receive paper dining certs with your Premier package, so I´d recommend using those as redeeming paper dining certs is much easier.
FWIW, at the end of Feb I have used expiring FPC Plat Dining certs at 2 different local Fairmonts EVEN WHEN NOT STAYING. Yes, I had the physical certs in hand which made it much easier, but AFAIK there is nothing outlawing this. Also agree that using paper certs in this case is MUCH easier than trying to get your waiter to understand what you are talking about, and then pulling e-certs from your acct.