FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Salt Lake City-Airport East HIX
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:33 am
TheBeerHunter

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mgmsteven
Stayed there in mid May. It is a large hotel and appears to be new. [...] There are several hotels nearby. It is a good ways out of town toward the airport. It is in a business park. There was only one restaurant (sports bar/grill) within walking distance. [...] took the shuttle to the hotel and back to the airport the next am. The hotel has a van but they used a third party for the airport shuttles.
Interesting, what you said that I quoted above could all be word for word about the Candlewood Suites at Salt Lake City airport, too! I stayed there last month for a couple nights. Chose the Candlewood due to the ridiculously low rate (something like $55/night), and I was able to get a $75 gift card for the stay too due to the 2 weekend night promo. The Candlewood is in the process of renovations, which I think explains the low rates. We got a newly done room, top floor.

The HIX is located near this place.

We went to the sports bar, which does a booming business (being the only thing nearby). Prices were reasonable. They had all sorts of game burgers, too. Decent fare for the type of establishment.

They too have a van but use a shuttle service (I think it was actually a taxi) for airport transportation.