FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HYD-SEA *A economy award
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:25 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by ikonos
I am trying to have the travel completed as early as possible. My start is from HYD but I dont mind connecting via BOM/DEL or any other gateway as long as the HYD-Gateway is included in the ticket.

@SunBurntCountry Yes, I was looking at that as well and was about to reserve/hold it and the united website wouldn't recognize my US address for payment. Its a new address and united has problems recognizing it somehow.
Actually, availability to HYD is significantly better than to DEL, BOM, MAA, or BLR, at least during peak periods. I just booked for a friend, and awards were available to HYD during the summer and holiday periods. There was scant Saver availability for the other cities.

Microsoft has a large presence at HYD. Is that why you're going from SEA?

LH stopped HYD service last fall. Now, you will need to take an itinerary such as:

UA-QR or AC-QR SEA-(IAH/IAD/JFK/YUL)-DOH-HYD
or
TG/ANA or TG/UA BKK-ICN-SFO or BKK-NRT-(SEA/SFO/LAX)-SEA (last leg if needed).
There are also connections via BKK/China, but the layovers are long.

Just today I booked a business class award for a friend and it was painful because of the phantom availability discussed in another thread about QR awards. I got LAX-YUL-DOH-HYD on AC/QR and HYD-BKK-NRT-LAX on TG/ANA. Includes the A380 from BKK-NRT.

Go to the UA website and book online. Phantom availability on QR will make this a difficult process. On the payment page, instead of paying, you should click on the link for phone reservations. If that gives you an error, it means that no seats are available. If it gives you a reservation number, then you can finalize the seat by going to "manage reservations" and purchasing the ticket (you need to pay the fees).

Originally Posted by SunBurntCountry
Try putting it on 24hr hold by paying for it in cash. Then call UA and have them ticket it. They should be able to waive the telephone service charge if you explain to them the error you are getting.
This will also help you weed out phantom availability on QR.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 14, 2012 at 5:42 am Reason: merge