FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Ford Escape SEL-AWD 2.0L EcoBoost Ride Report/Review
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:08 pm
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Titanium!

Had an Escape Titanium for the day at YYZ in June. I didn't even know what it was at first when I saw it on the aisle! It really caught a lot of attention; both my old landlord and his neighbour came over to look at it at different times.

I thought I wasn't going to like the turbo I-4 but it wasn't bad. I still don't know entirely how I feel about dropping the V6; I just feel a vehicle of that size needs the torque of a 6 and it isn't just about horsepower which a turbo engine can certainly provide. I also noticed a detectable amount of turbo lag when you go to apply passing power, something I haven't noticed since the days of the Audi 5000S and the Pontiac 2000 Sunbird...

Overall it's a great vehicle and would be high on my list. My partner, a diehard Forester fan, actually came out and said she'd prefer the new Escape, after just ONE DAY.