FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LA vs. XL?
Thread: LA vs. XL?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:11 am
bingocallerb22

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by crimson12
I recently redeemed some AA miles for a trip JFK-LIM. I thought I was booking LA 531, the nonstop. Instead it seems that I was booked on XL 539, JFK-GYE on "LAN ECUADOR AEROLANE S.A." The onward flight, LA 2431, from GYE-LIM, is also operated by LAN Ecuador.

I am booked into business class on both flights and see that both aircraft are 763s. Are these the same as the full-flat 763 business class seats that are on regular LAN aircraft? (If not, is it worth trying to change to the nonstop from JFK?)
LA2531? I thought GYE-LIM-GYE was 1630/1631.. checking... ah, there is a Monday only 2430/31. Boy, that flight doesn't show up on their schedule look-up page very often. Can I ask when are you flying?

To answer one of your questions, yup, same lie flats JFK-GYE.

Other question, should you try to change? I think so. I do that route, NYC-GYE to save money, the connection in the morning is good, arrive GYE go through secure transit, pop into a nice lounge for a coffee with Baileys and then off you go. But since you are on award tix, why not go directly to LIM and get to have a bit more sleep?