FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So What is Qatar Airways Like?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:38 am
ccfccf

Thumbs down Qatar Airways - Not as great as it seems

My husband and I recently flew business class from Singapore to Paris return with Qatar Airways. This was our first flight with Qatar so we didn't know what to expect. Unfortunately, we experienced several issues with the Airline which tarnished the positive experiences on board.

The cabin crew were excellent as was their on board service and cuisine except for the Qatar to Paris leg on 1 June. The crew looking after us just weren't as good or as focussed and also messed up quite badly. I had told the steward that I was allergic to crustaceans (I explained exactly what that meant because he didn't understand, which is most surprising for a world class airline) and the first think I was given was a crab croquette. It could have been a deadly mistake.

The business class lounge in Qatar is simply outstanding. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the Business Class lounge we were sent to at Terminal 3 in Changi Airport. It was a dump. It was small, drab and there wasn't even any food.

Don't ever bother calling the Qatar Singapore office in Orchard Road. They never answer the phone. We had to end up going into the office to resolve a major issue and found them to be very cold and indifferent in their dealings with us.

The on-line check-in system never worked properly with any of our bookings. It simply didn't recognise either our booking reference numbers nor our e-ticket numbers. I spoke to the Qatar ground staff at Changi and also called Qatar in Frankfurt and spoke to the ground staff in Paris and they all said the same thing - the on-line check in system is supposed to open 36 hours prior to the flights departure but often doesn't and customers are always complaining about problems using the system.

When I got back to Sydney I emailed the Customer Relations Department. What I discovered was that Qatar Airways was simply a corporate sharks after the dollar. They have absolutely no customer service skills nor a desire to truly assist nor appease their customers. They simply towed the party line, not wanting to take any responsibility or provide any real satisfaction. They even had the gaul to end their email sincerely apologising for the inconvenience caused and they hoped that this would not deter us from using their services again in the future. They have to be kidding. Unfortunately, the way they dealt with our complaint was extremely disappointing and as such this negated any positive experiences we may have had flying with them. I certainly wouldn't want to give them my hard earned cash in future. We will never be flying with them again and they have made the top of our black list in our Company.