FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United flight cancellation reason
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2012, 4:48 am
aCavalierInCoach

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
What is a good way to find out the TRUE reason a flight cancelled? (as long as you check within 24 hours)
fair point (I assume that was rhetorical), but usually with a bit of work you can piece together whether weather is a reasonable explanation versus something else.

Of course, I don't know where United or DOT draws the line. I had an experience back with ACA dba UAX where I was able to piece together that weather was delaying an inbound flight so badly at an outstation that they switched in our aircraft (granted, this was before the days of "where is my plane coming from", but it was fairly obvious what happened when our flight went "cancelled" and suddenly this other severely delayed flight had its departure moved up materially and its gate changed to the one we were getting ready to board out of) . UX/UA claimed no accommodation due as it was the cancellation was coded as "weather" -- it was 11pm on Christmas Eve

Anyone else remember the "barn"? I don't like the long flights on the CRJs, but when you remember riding the J41s... well, yeah. But I digress...

edit: guess the barn was a result of ACA quitting so it must've been a colgan 340 at that point.

Last edited by aCavalierInCoach; Aug 12, 2012 at 4:52 am Reason: anachronism