FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Survey: How Effective is the Transportation Security Administration?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:27 pm
travis bickle

With all respect,

is there an intelligent point to this?

I realize the OP has vastly more experience than I with contributing to this board. But, come on . . . Does anyone really believe that the overall FT community will give rave reviews for the TSA?

And, when you say TSA, what do you mean? Do you mean the personnel at the airports who are required to obey their bosses? [Don't you bosses out there want your employess to obey you?]

Or, when you say TSA, do you mean the executives who set the policies?

Also, the OP writes ...
Why do some days of passing through an airport security checkpoint needlessly inconvenience you . . .
. Excuse me, but that statement shows a negative bias - hardly what should exist for a theoretically objective survey [my emphasis].

And, what do you mean by effective? The TSA personnel know how to turn their machines on and off? Or, they catch the bad guys?

When I saw the survey, it was also rife with non-objective statments (WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE . . .). Do we judge their effectiveness on my beliefs?

How is the survey to be scored? If I fly once a year, do my survey responses have equal weight with someone who flies 150 times per year?

I also saw no way to input suggestions for improvement - so, what is the purpose of the survey?

Again, you have all my respect personally. But this "survey" seems to me to have a gazillion holes in it.

Incidentally, as a matter of course, I do not complete any survey that fails to inform me - prior to taking the survey - what is the purpose and to what use my responses and information are used.

Hope that you obtain satisfactory results.

Last edited by essxjay; Aug 20, 2012 at 11:50 pm Reason: wholesale quote removed for readability