FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One <32 kg bag vs. two times <23 kg
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:26 am
Bigzamboni

Originally Posted by gnaget
I (actually companion) will be travelling with a large bag. Most in C class but have two legs on SAS in M class intra-Europe. For *G in M it's 2 X 23 kg intra-Europe. Will SAS create problems if you check a bag that weighs close to 32 kg? This will be for 2 people (both *G) and we might check one more smaller bag.

Any experience with this? Checking in at ARN and CPH.

Taking two small bags is not an option for logistical reasons.
On the SAS website, as far as I can see, it just mentions the fact that Eurobonus gold and silver get "an extra piece." Obviously, Star Gold get's additional too, but I've had instances where they treated it as +20kg as stated on the Star Alliance, not caring if one piece weighed more than 23 (From HEL for sure, but I'm reasonably certain it happened at ARN the last time I flew from there intra-europe.) As far as I can remember, I've only been held to the 23 limit and asked to repack when leaving Germany on SAS, but those were also workers who generally deal with Lufthansa-group flights.

So, I *think* you'll be fine, and would suggest also having the star alliance gold benefits page printed out. But perhaps someone here flies from ARN/CPH more often and can give better insight.