FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Improve Chances of Getting Connecting Rooms?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:57 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LesBesTes
I have reservations for two rooms at the Fairfield Inn in Anaheim and I just called reservations to try to put in a request for adjoining rooms (traveling with grandma and toddler and thought this would be helpful). I was told that I could have made the request upon making the booking, but that now that I hadn't, they could no longer annotate the reservations and my only recourse is asking upon check-in. I was told if we arrive later in the evening (which we are), we are unlikely to get our request.

This seems nuts that they can't add an annotation to the reservation and perhaps also just wrong, so I'm hoping someone out there knows if I should be trying another avenue to improve my chances. I'd cancel and make a new reservation, but the rates have now gone up.

Should I be calling the hotel front desk on the morning of my arrival to hold rooms for me? I don't have much status (just silver), but surely Marriott would give someone with status the connecting rooms over a non-status person who just happened to check in earlier?
FYI requests can be added at anytime up until arrival

Also connecting and adjoining are two completely different things

Connecting is exactly that - a door going directly from one room into another (not as common as most people think)

Adjoining is two rooms side by side