FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gallivanter's Guide Forum
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:53 am
deer

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Groombridge
I've tried to resist chiming in, but I can no longer.

- Even if hotels pull out all the stops to provide superlative service for Ms. Middlehurst, that sets a standard that she in turn demands for her readers. When Ms. Middlehurst describes the specific qualities of a hotel that merit the rating she assigns, the hotel must maintain those same qualities for subsequent guests or else it risks removal of Lyn's endorsement. Lyn receives a large amount of follow-up communications from her readers who visit the properties she has reviewed, and she uses that feedback to ensure that a hotel is maintaining the same service levels she experienced. Numerous times, Gallivanter's Guide has removed hotels from its recommendations (and conveys this information through the updates on the back page of the Guide), when Lyn has found that the hotel has failed to provide an experience consistent with what she had.(...)
I absolutely agree to Groombridge: Not only, that Galivanter's guide is by far the best high end travel publication available, and that Mrs. Middlehursts personal advice is highly helpful - I also think that the existence of GG and the way it is written does in fact improve the quality of the top end luxury hotel industry. Which is an absolutely great achievement for all of us high end travellers.