FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gallivanter's Guide Forum
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:48 pm
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by xracer
Mike - so, I have to ask: on the occasion (or occasions) that you are treated significantly differently than Lyn, have you ever communicated this back to her? Has she, in turn, then indicated that she would investigate and/or raise some kind of red flag in the publication?
That's a good point and the answer is yes. Clearly she was treated differently at Hotel Bel Air. I spent 5 nights there within 2 weeks of her stay and had a **vastly** different experience. She liked it and I'll never return.

I've yet to dismantle her FS LV vs. FS MO comparison in the April'12 issue. I have emailed her about it but haven't had the chance to explain to her why she botched it so badly.

PS -- On HBA, her email response was this "..Unlike you, we found the changes very refreshing. The previous time we stayed, before the closure, we suffered appalling service. Our experience on this trip was just the opposite, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree." This is just wrong. She got the star treatment. We surely didn't, notably at the WP restaurant and the bar. This response from her has dissuaded me from further communication.

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; Aug 8, 2012 at 5:55 pm