FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:12 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
I'm staggered by the amount of money that AM paid for the snacks in Venice. Whether he means euros, Canadian dollars, US dollars, or these newfangled "eurodollars" that I'm hearing about on this thread, that is an astonishing amount to pay.
I read/post over on TravelDining, and I believe that may be similar to the budget that OP spends in Canada. He's posted his monthly food budget for us before and it certainly 'staggered' a few people. I suppose that we all choose how to spend our money and others may not always agree with our choices.

But since OP listed that as a 'negative', I just wanted to ensure that he realises that we too would find that cost out of line. I just purchased a six pack of San Pellegrino grapefruit yesterday for less than 1/2 the price of his one drink. (I don't drink 'pop' and very rarely purchase the flavoured San Pellegrino, but just wanted to post that as an example)

I also noticed yesterday in a coffee bar that the brownie was the most expensive item in the case, costing more than even a sandwich. (I didn't buy one of those either)

Hopefully our tips will help a little, and of course in the UK there are always cheap meal specials at Boots, or Sainsburys, etc. Much as I like EAT and Apostrophe, they aren't the cheapest lunches available.