FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To young to Apply for Citi AA Cards?
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:14 pm
kal22

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Amex Plat
To young to Apply for Citi AA Cards?

Ok, I am currently 20 years old and currently have a Amex Blue, Chase Student and Citi Thank you card. My oldest is the chase which is about 2 years old, while the newest is the Citi TY which is only 2 months old. I have been looking at applying for the Citi AA Amex/Visa cards using the 2 browser trick to get the 100,000 miles. I have never churned cards before and have some questions

How long between Citi card should you wait? Is 2 months too short?

I also know that the Visa is a Signature so the min CL is 5K, my most recent Citi TY only came with a 1K, which is my lowest off all my cards, so I don't know if this is a bad sign.

I always pay in full, and have done a lot of reading so I understand that if you pay your cards off then mild churning will have very little effect on your credit score. I also am not planning on applying for any types of loans in the near future.

I have a lot of purchases coming up with the start of school, so I could easily meet the min spend, I just don't know if its too soon to apply for 2 more cards from Citi. If not I will probably wait until Dec to appiy for them to meet the min spend. I would prefer to get them sooner than later though, so I can get the points and plan some trips

Any tips would be very welcomed, and thanks for all the help.

*I also should note that about a month ago, I recieved a 35k offer for the AA CIti card(visa I think), in the mail, after doing a decent amount of travel with AA.