FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can starwood employees file complaints against customers?!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:00 pm
2ndTOTY

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jammanxc
so how did it end? you checked into the W New York on Lexington, got a cozy room.. then booked a suite in front of the manager... so you ended up paying for 2 rooms?
No, had a friend staying with me so I had him book the suite--I understand that the guy thought I was "playing tricks on him" but I wasn't happy with the trick that the front desk pulled on me. Only ended up paying for one room (after a long call to corporate due to the FD being so unhelpful) on the original rate as I should have received the suite at checkin. To be clear, I didn't occupy the original room that they put me in.

The W Lex really needs to get its act together when it comes to suite upgrades. I've heard every excuse (huge convention, wedding, etc) and finally just got sick of getting lied to--really annoying to have to fight for these upgrades (not to mention getting yelled at for requesting a benefit that they consent to by virtue of their participation in SPG).