FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When Mr. Marriott's Office Agrees Customer Service is Poor and Can't Help...
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:03 pm
BHMFlier

Programs: DL GM, Marriott, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
I agree with the last few posts. While I empathize that it's annoying to have others pay less for the same service (or room), it happens every day. I am typing this at 30,000 feet and I have no idea what the guy next to me paid for his ticket.

Very large companies sometimes demand (from our business) "most favorite client" status with a specific contractual guarantee that their rate will always be adjusted downward if necessary to preserve their lowest rate. We (obviously) resist that and agree only if it's in a very narrow box (the lowest rate for a company that specifically does XXX or YYY).

There's no way that a Fairfield Inn would have any reason to contractually guarantee to a visiting kids baseball team that they would have that status. As the previous poster said, if you agreed to a rate that was satisfactory, you shouldn't sweat that someone else might have paid less.

Despite the "promises/guarantees" of the sales person, did you try to do an LNF or look online for cheaper rates?

I'm sympathetic but it doesn't sound exactly as initially described.
Totally agree! As a business traveller, I recognize that many others staying in a busy hotel may have different rates. My frustration comes from the fact that we negotiated a contract rate and the hotel adjusted the rate for some parents and not all of them. Marriott Customer Care agreed that this was wrong and that the hotel should have adjusted the rates for any parent that had asked and not for a select few. However, Mr. Marriott's office was very clear that these are franchise properties and they can not force them to adjust anything, they can only make heavy-handed recommendations.

That said, they did today provide me with the name of the ownership group and I have made some very initial inroads in reaching the person who would ultimately oversee these types of issues. Hopefully there will be resolution yet!