FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - thoughts about changing my recognition upgrade to next sector
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:49 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
thoughts about changing my recognition upgrade to next sector

my partner and I have booked recognition upgrades from AKL to HKG in Sept. We're in economy currently so clearly hoping for PE. However, we noticed that there are no PE seats available for sale so one assumes that they are all booked.

Our next flight will be HKG to LHR a few days later. We've put in a one up at this stage, but we're trying to second guess (I may as well ask how long is a piece of string) if we're more likely to get the recognition on this leg

My thinking at the mo, is stick with what we've got. If all the PE seats are booked, there will undoubtedly be a few people using recogntions or even one ups to move up to BP. Of course it depends on how many goldies/elites in economy have also got recognition upgrades in the wings. Sigh, we'd really hate to not get the upgrades.

What do you think? Change it to the next leg? Realistically I'm going to sleep most of the way to hong kong anyway (hopefully).