FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points / Stay Credit Eligibility for Third Party Bookings
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:52 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings Perplexed,

I know how frustrating this can be having been in your shoes in the past and I do fully agree Hyatt could be a better communicator and despite some limited past dialogue with the good folks at Hyatt they don’t seem to have enough interest in doing so and have apparently other priorities on the table.
Communication snafus arise between program and members which is part of the learning curve process.
Early on in any program I always seek answers to learn see if I can recover from the problem and see if the relationship in fact is worth keeping in the end.

In my many decades with Hyatt Gold Passport or Hyatt Consumer Affairs I think I have been truly wronged by their actions not taking ownership very few times.
Not so bad in the big picture
However failure has happened and through no fault of my own but Hyatts own internal confusion/dysfunction.I won't at this point agree or disagree your case was handled well regarding your booking issue.
I have always gone out on a limb for my fellow GP members when I can and to help Hyatt who has been mighty good to me over the years.
More often than not Hyatt does the right thing statistically with some very odd exceptions in all regards if not going above and beyond what is actually necessary.
Hyatt to their credit really as any program goes really is above industry average when it comes to customer service.And a number of agents are simply outstanding to work with.
Yes there are some who don't care,don't know how to answer questions and won't follow-up and more confued than some members.

I’d like to share one bit of advice if I may as an entrenched guest in many programs at the top tier levels. If I never forgave any hotel company or program I’d be in a very sorry position today.
Starwood and Hyatt now my primary hotel program and travel partner typically have given me some of the best experiences in my life time due to very generous programs & hotels that reach out to us and widely exceed all expectations in service and accommodations.Yet there are always going to be some bumps along the road.To not reconsider a relationship with Hyatt learn and move on would be a mistake IMHO

To be clear at almost every program I am familiar with one must pay at the hotel regardless of eligible booking channels.
This is pretty rare to have it any other way. I made the mistake long ago when I started out with Marriott rewards. They did credit me as a onetime good will gesture even though I prepaid the rate through another 3rd party booking channel back in the 80s

I am off to the London Olympics
Upon my return in mid August I would be delighted to take your booking details and get some more definitive answers that may put your mind to rest even if it’s potentially what you might not want to hear.I am interested where eligible does not apply in your situation
In closing Hyatt has been wrong many times over the years even with senior management in some select situations some of these failures were highly emabarrassing and frustrating to all parties!Keep the faith

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm