FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points / Stay Credit Eligibility for Third Party Bookings
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:09 am
perplexed

Points / Stay Credit Eligibility for Third Party Bookings

I have a question that Hyatt's customer service policy response doesn't answer. Can anyone help.

As is clear from their posts, Hyatt take the view that the only bookings that are eligible for points are those made through Hyatt direct and that no third party booking will ever be eligible. Other hotel programs have the same policy (e.g. Hilton). The difference (in my view) between those and Hyatt though, is that the formers' T&C's say that clearly (e.g. Hilton's T&C leave you with no doubt about what is eligible).

I don't think Hyatt's T&C are so clear/beyond doubt. On my reading of them, Hyatt's T&C's determine eligibility based on the rate paid, wherever that rate is found, and not on how the booking is made (look at the wording used, like "including but not limited to"). That is, provided the rate paid is not a discounted rate but any hotel published rate, then wherever that rate was found should be irrelevant.

Has anyone out there ever looked at the detail of the eligibility clause in the Hyatt T&C and if so, what do you think it says (i.e. do you agree that it says what Hyatt says)?

Or has anyone out there had a stay not booked through Hyatt credited to their account?