FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska takes over North Satellite at SEA
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:46 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I think AS should install 2-3 showers as well. Plenty of red eyes from Alaska/Hawaii also there are some red eyes ex-SEA that having a shower at the airport after a long day at work before flying a red eye is huge.

This will also serve paid F AS customers who flew into SEA on DL/BA/AF/FI/etc from Asia or Europe who are connecting onto AS in SEA.

IMO, shower is one of the more important perks of a lounge that does not cost the airline serious money to operate.

Most important benefits of lounge membership for me:

1. Travel Support. IRROPs handling, managing my reservation (SDC, changing seats, processing upgrades, protecting me on an alternative itinerary, etc), assistance with ticketing, etc.

2. A comfortable setting to do work. Wifi with good coverage, bandwidth, and latency. Plenty of power ports along with plenty of comfortable seats.

3. Personal comfort. Reasonable snack selections, decent drink options, nice and clean bathroom facilities, and shower facilities.

If you have all 3, I will always be a member for as long as I fly at least 50K a year. If less, I'll still buy day passes most of the time.

So, AS, when the team gets together to draft up the design work for the new BR, please take this into consideration!

As for #1, it is time to start a slow plan to group the BR concierges with the Agents. When it is time to renew the union contract for the airport agents, put forth a plan to add certain BR staff into the pool or start putting some agents into the BR.