FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canon EOS-M announced
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:53 pm
matthewf

Programs: NullPointerException
Originally Posted by mobilebucky
I am trying to figure out why they mount the 400 2.8 IS II on this camera. If I am going to mount a lens with that size, it will be a proper DSLR. Thinking more about it, while able to mount EF lens sounds great, but in reality, it just doesn't seems practical. The balance between the body and EF lens will be awkward without using a tripod/monopod, which really defeat the purpose. The battery only last 230 shots is off putting also. I guess that is the price to pay for camera without viewfinder and relies on LCD screen to do most of the functions.

Originally, I was thinking it maybe good to use it as a backup body for people already has a collection of EF lenses, but now I think T4i is the better option.
My thoughts exactly. One use would be as a spare body if you already have investment in canon glass - but the chances are that if you have an investment in the glass you likely already have multiple bodies.

If the new lenses they release for it are decent I might jump, but it looks hard to beet the M4/3rds glass that panny has out.