FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Current Marriott Gift Card, Cash Back, Tricks & Promos
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:23 am
BigE

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by mooper
Appears to be targeted - it rejected my attempt to sign up. If someone else can confirm that registration worked for them, however, I'll add it to the OP and note it as targeted. Nice find - thanks for the contribution! Amounts to a 20% discount if you spend $250 on the nose, though you forgo the 5 MRPs/$ you can earn by using a Chase Marriott Visa as well as the 14% Gift Card discount (by purchasing a Gift Card using cashback + 10% off AMT code).
I couldn't register either (and was not targeted). It's funny because it looks like it was written for me: I have 3 amex's and 3 upcoming stays of about $250+ before Aug 15.

Re spending $250 on the nose: This is actually quite easy to achieve since you can use your gift card for everything past $250. But I agree with mooper's main point that it's not more than a 5% savings compared to using a gift card.