FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors vs. Amex Hilton Honors?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:28 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by gtu2004
i have a quick question. But what does "drug stores" mean for Amex Hilton? Does it mean CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, Walgreens etc? If so, do non-drug purchases (candies, water, gift card) at these stores qualify?
Using my HH AMEX the "drug stores" CVS and Rite Aid counted for 6 pts/$ (we don't have Duane Reade here, and I don't shop at Walgreens). And regarding what's consider a grocery, Smart & Final store purchases received the 6 pts - which I had thought wouldn't since they're a warehouse/bulk item store.

And every item that I purchased received the 6 pts at these stores. Also, I regularly bought GCs at the drugstores and markets for Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Depot, Crate and Barrell, Pottery Barn, Itunes, Nordstroms, Starbucks, Macys, Barnes and Noble because I shop regularly at these stores - which resulted in earning 6 pts/$ for all of these non-drugstore/grocery items.

Regarding using your card for cash advances: years ago I changed my cards to have a zero limit for cash advances - on the advice of fellow FTers - so I've never had to worry if a purchase would end up as a cash advance.

All this is very old news (using HH AMEX to purchase GCs for other retailers at drugstores/grocery stores) but thought I should post for the unaware.