FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: Four Seasons Bosphorus, Instanbul and Amanruya
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:30 am
quitecontrary

Great trip report. Makes me want to go back to the FS - never been to an Aman!

With regard to the VIP arrivals and departures service Turkish Airways use it at IST for First class passengers (they used to fly F from London and we decided to try it) . Basically you're met at the plane by a hostess in red, taken by golf cart to immmigration luggage etc bypassing all the queues. The hostess phones the driver who is waiting in a black Mercedes at the door. Took less than 15 mins in total! Same on the return, driver picks up from hotel, phones hostess who meets you at the car, radios through to a First Class desk that is opened specially, buggy to the lounge, then buggy to the plane. Very slick operation. I'm not sure I'd pay for it if it wasn't included but it was great to experience once!

Musken - did you not book through Virtuoso - we booked the lowest priced Palace room and got upgraded to a Bosphorus View Palace room which wasn't enormous but there were only 2 of us. I liked it and spent ages looking in the antique shops for those lovely blue glass light shades they have everywhere. I love the terrace and pool area overlooking the river - brings to mind the MO in Bangkok.