FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heading to Oahu and maybe Maui 2014
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:29 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
If you are not going for so long you have PLENTY of time to watch for airfare sales to HNL/OGG from not only PIT but PHL, BWI, IAD, DCA, EWR, NYC etc. I watch for them daily and I take my two kids on a whim for a weekend etc. Last year we made three trips on $351 a/i fares (each) on AA. Well they made two trips and I made three

If the fare is cheap enough, it pays to find a way whether drive, train or fly to the departure point.

These fares come every year (out of WAS) at least at $550 a/i or less, usually sub $400 a/i.

nothing is guaranteed but I've caught these every year (sub $550) for the past 8 years.

I'm waiting now, as I'm getting the itch again. Plus I know we are going at the end of August 2013 as well so I will be pulling that trigger the moment I see a sub $400 a/i ticket

you do have to look every day and usually multiple times a day; if you don't then don't be upset if you miss it as its your duty to do this, these sales sometimes only last hours. Its really about how bad do you want to fly on the cheap.