FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Options for award flight with tight connection
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:31 am
Deemus7

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by djk7
We are on DL10 (ns ATL-LHR), which leaves at 10:55pm, it doesn't appear that there are any later flights, so we would lose a day on a misconnect. First segment is DL 2330, which leaves MCO at 8:30. There are earlier flights at 7:30, 6:30, 5:30, etc., but not with low availability last I checked.
Since you're in BE, I'd simply get to the airport in plenty of time to catch one of the earlier departures and relax in the SkyClub (still one of my favorite in the system despite some of the recent furniture changes). I'd also keep an eye on the inbound flights for delays. I know many of the flights from ATL-MCO immediately turn and head back to ATL, but you'd likely know ahead of time where your plane is coming from and can make changes as necessary. Remember too that the MCO-ATL flights have 30+ minutes of cushion built-in.

I'm not sure what the MCT is for ATL, but if a schedule change drops the connection below 45 minutes, I bet you could get an agent to switch you to the 7:30 departure.