FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Road construction and toll roads around DFW
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:02 am
jsmeeker

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HilFly
Thank you all for your wonderful information and advice. I called the NTTG (thank you for the links) and they told me I had 2 options.

1. To open an Zip account with $40 in it, and then to close it after our visit and we would eventually get any unused money refunded.

2. Do it through Avis. I called Avis, then Avis at DFW. They told me that all the cars at DFW have TollTags, and they will charge us $2.95 per day plus any tolls. Obviously, this will be charged to my credit card when they get the info from NTTG.

We're going to go with option 2. I'll report back if we have any difficulties.

I'm not quite sure how the construction is going to impact us - we'll just have to hope for the best and hope the GPS can get us around the worst of it.

Thank you, everyone.
The DFW Connector project is a massive mess. If you are heading to Grapevine from DFW, it will be difficult to avoid. GPS might not be so good because the roads at the north end of the airport are in a constant state of flux. Pavement that was once there is gone. Or blocked off. Exits have moved or closed. New, temporary onese may be there in place.

Best advice is try to get a general understanding of what roads you need to use before driving, then pay attention to the signs directing you to them.