FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Addiction to travel, travel writing and everything in between.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:29 pm
Zoui21

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
July 14th, 2012
The Confines of My Summerhome
Conclusions

The day before I left my older sister told me I was crazy for wasting my money. She saw how excited I was, and after flying on many different airlines for business, explained that I shouldn’t get my hopes up because they would be let down. I didn’t listen to a word she said, and still I’m pretty impressed with the second business class flight of my life.

United obviously doesn’t have the features of a 5-star airlines, not even 4. However, they manage to produce a good hard product (in-terms of their seats and AVOD). The issue with United, like many are saying is that its standards of customer service need to be raised. I felt like I was treated very well, but that’s because I usually fly economy. Considering I saw flaws in their elements of soft product such as their catering and attention to detail means that it is definitely something that needs to be improved.

United needs to have a corporate executive be willing to do something of a “trip-report” comparing United and any 5 or 4 star carrier. Then they could piece out flaws in their airline, such as the fact that their lounge provides food that even modern-day Kindergarteners wouldn’t be satisfied with. They need to look at the little things such as small, but intricately designed salt and pepper shakers and change them for the better.

I have more ideas as to how United should improve, ideas that most of us probably have twirling around in our heads. But I will not bore you with them. Instead I will sum it up like this:

Even though United’s soft product may disappoint some, purely the seat and international lounges allow the fee for buying-up-worth it. I’m sure it’s especially nice on flights we’re you can actually manage a lengthy sleep.

I would be totally fine with flying United business routinely, however I have bigger things in mind. Look forward to my next report, which will be on an airline that rhymes with Bingabore and then my experience in inter-european business class. Unfortunately, this is only to come around mid-september!

Here’s to that I have something substantial sooner!

Zoui21