FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Addiction to travel, travel writing and everything in between.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:13 pm
Zoui21

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Part 6.A suitcase and a wish
July 3rd, 2012
Concourse C
Washington Dulles Airport

As I arrived, I breathed a sigh of relief. Even though I had plenty of time on my hands, I most definitely didn’t want to spend most of it in the immigrations queue. Lucky for me, it seemed as if we were one of the first international flights to arrive so my immigration experience was effortless. A much needed improvement after the UK’s game of 20 questions whenever I arrive back from a trip.

As I walked to the baggage claim after immigrations, I noticed that two 747’s had just landed from Frankfurt and Tokyo, what a lucky break!

I sat near the baggage carousel, and considering I had priority luggage, I was hoping to have my bag leave first. No particular reasoning behind it, just so I could point out that it happened for the first time when I bought business class for myself! My bag actually came out as one of the last priority ones, I wasn’t in a rush so it was fine.

The more-luxurious-than-it-is club entrance

I walked out of the security checkpoint after checking my luggage and saw the United Club to my left. I knew that the next leg of my flight was an economy-only plane, but decided that it was worth a try to see if they would let me in when I’m just coming off a business class ticket. Lucky for me they did!