FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mistake award redemption rates for China travel [UA says will void tickets]
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:11 pm
janetdoe

Programs: AS, BA, AA
And the Survey Says....

120 responses so far... I deleted the surveys reporting 800 and 1000 tickets issued; you guys are just too awesome.

Number of Tickets

It looks like somewhere between 512 (using lowest figures and excluding suspicious outliers) and 748 (using highest figures and including outliers) tickets were issued to the respondents. The highest category included responses of 18, 18, 18, 20, 22, 26, 26, 44, 45, and 75 tickets issued.

UA Metal versus Partner Metal

Where did you learn about the deal?

Other Questions
*Approximately 2/3 of the flights were booked in F, 1/3 in J, and a few in Economy.
*83% of you have had no miles deducted, 7.5% claim a small number of miles (e.g. 4 per ticket) have been deducted and 10% had large amounts of miles deducted.
*The vast majority of you (80%) declined to provide an e-mail contact.

The part that really surprises me is in bold above. We haven't had any reports that someone has had the correct number of miles deducted from their accounts, yet several aurvey respondents (9 total) report such deductions. Unless some people chime in to the contrary, I'm going to assume that my survey question was unclear.

I will keep the survey open and update you if there are significant numbers of new responses.