FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Addiction to travel, travel writing and everything in between.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:14 pm
Zoui21

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Addiction to travel, travel writing and everything in between.

AKA Loosing my Trip (Flight) report V-Card

Ladies and Gents of FlyerTalk,
I'm sure you've heard of massive trip reports, but how about a one way flight report? Written by a 15 year old?

To be perfectly honest, after finishing writing this, I was pretty sure I went WAAAAY overboard, but it's too late now therefore I present to you the first trip report I have ever written.

To put in context why this is an addiction, I’ve never written over 4,000 words for a school project. This is in the 6,000 ballpark. People tend to give addiction a bad rap, I disagree as this is the kind of addiction that I want to fuel, and it will hopefully help improve writing skills I will need later in life. I don’t think anyone can argue that’s a bad thing.

Doing mass travel is a challenge for me, considering I have yet to reach the seasoned age of 16. However when I do manage to find myself a trip to go on, I will report back, attempting to add in some of my usual wise-cracking jokes. If you don’ don’t find them funny, you’ll get used to them.

I’ll do a pre-trip report apology for the fact that some of the pictures may be of poor quality, and that they may be blurry too. Basically, for the next report, expect better things at least picture-wise! Please feel free to reply on this thread or PM me with any suggestions or comments about it, I have a completely open-mind about all of this.

This is the return leg of a trip to London initiated a couple of months ago. The upgrade to business class was purchased for $779.00 with some savings I had. My sister called me crazy, but I knew that I had to do it. I had the chance to buy up to First but a) I didn’t have the money and b)we all know it isn’t actually worth it on United. So I’ll be writing about how I arrived back to my home city of New York with some class (haha, business-class, get it?).

Just a quick recap of what I’ll be writing about:
-Part 1.National Express Bus 797 3:05am
-Part 2.London Heathrow Terminal 1 United Check-In Desks. 5:30am
-Part 3.London Heathrow Terminal 1 Star Alliance Lounge 5:45am
-Part 4.United Flight 923 to IAD 7:55am
-Part 5.United Flight 923 to IAD Lunch
-Part 6.Arrival in IAD. 10:40am
-Part 7.United Club IAD, Concourse C.
-Part 8.United Flight 6137. 12:40pm
-Part 9.Conclusions July 16th. 5:00am