FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does UA Restrict F Award to LH,LX, SQ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:19 pm
mobilebucky

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
The reason LX did it (according to a letter sent to one of their HHONORS members and an interview that the President of LX gave was they want their F cabin to be more exclusive, and not filled with "mileage millionaires" from "America". If this makes good business sense for them, then no other *A member is going to tell them otherwise. Regardless of what I've read here as well, the airlines only pay each other "hundreds" of dollars for these F seats so it's not worth it to many of them to allow greater availability. Airlines like UA litterally can't give away their F seats (if they could, you would never see a non rev in F) so it makes more sense for airlines like UA to open more seats then an airline like LX (who just pulled all if their non M&M award avail from stock.
Are you sure LX not releasing any F award seat, just had a quick look at tonight's flight ORD-ZRH and I was able to book on United site. As with my experience, LX release their O seat around T-20 hours. Did that in February and April. One of the redeeming quality to be a 1K.