FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380-800 Seating Question
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:39 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by usrleetch3
Connecting through CDG can be a nightmare, and I've experienced nightmares there before (2hours wasn't even enough connection time bc of customs, immigration, baggage claim, transferring planes, etc).

As for your Y seating question, you can use your DL confirmation# on Airfrance.us to look up your seat assignments. I recently booked a DL-coded flight (DL8550) on the A380, and my seat assignment that I selected on Delta.com wasn't there when I checked on airfrance.us. Don't assume anything
The OP isn't specific about the nature of the connection but it is most unlikely he would need to claim baggage and customs. this would only happen if you fly an airline which does not have an interline agreement with AF such as a low cost airline (e.g. easyjet etc). Otherwise, connections will only involve security (much faster if you have a skyteam elite plus card or are flying business or first which would enable you to use 'acces no1' priority lanes) and immigration only if you are connecting to a flight to a Schengen area destination (most of the EU except the UK, Ireland, and for the moment Bulgaria and Romania. The area also includes Switzerland, Norway and Iceland, and Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, and the Vatican - but those five are only relevant if you are flying in a private jet or a helicopter depending on the case ). Again, if this is the case, you get access to acces no 1 prioirty lanes if you are skyteam elite plus or travelling 'upfront'. If you are flying to a non-Schengen destination, you do not need to clear immigration.

@usrleetch3, may I ask when you experienced the very long connections you are talking about? Things have very significantly improved at CDG over the past few years and I can't think of any instance (regardless of departure/arrival terminals) when it would take more than an hour (going slowly and without priority access) to go from arrivals to departures. Of course I would personally recommend planning much more time if you are on two separate tickets in case the first flight is late, which can always happen. Also, if your flights are after the Autumn, things should be even easier as AF will have refocused its activities in only 3 terminals: 2E (all non-Schengen), 2F (all Schengen except regional aircraft flights), 2G (all Schengen regional aircraft flights), which should significantly speed up transfers.

I fully agree with your second point. OP should look up his/her booking on the airfrance website. It happens A LOT for people to allocate a seat on Delta which does not transfer on the AF system and vice-versa (there are exceptions but you can only know by checking on the operating airline's website). The fact that you were able to pre-allocate an exit row would make me particularly cautious. So my advice would be check asap. If it worked, great, if it did not, you can allocate a valid seat on the air france website and avoid the risk of finding yourself on the day of the flight with a middle seat on the back of the upper deck!!

To OP, re-your question about P passengers - they will deboard completely separately as they are personally picked up from the aircraft by the La Premiere transit crew. Only after this is complete will the rest of the lower deck start deboarding.