FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB... big disappointment
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:45 am
Fanjet
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
The lying part:
seems standard business practice in Germany these days.

I have never experienced a place where more lies and false excuses were made up than in Germany.
This has got to be one of my all-time favorite posts! Oh those deceptive Germans... you definitely can't trust them!! It's amazing so many countries do business with them.

As for the OP... why did you fly that routing to begin with? Going from VCE to PMI via DUS is a definite detour. I've flown BCN to VCE, and it was basically a straight across shot. Now, I know that many traditional EU carriers don't offer service to PMI and leave it to the LCCs. So was that the reason? And if so, what did you expect the ground agents at VCE to do (if they actually were AB staff and not some contract company)? The only other AB flight I know of out of VCE goes to TXL in the afternoon. It kind of seems that being re-routed from DUS to PMI via BCN was the only other alternative for you anyway. Can AB endorse a ticket over to a LCC? Or should I say, would a LCC accept a ticket endorsement from another carrier? Because they basically don't here in the United States. And the flight did leave VCE 45 minutes late. It's not as though it was well over an hour late (which was your original connection time).