FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France {FRA}
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:58 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
MVP codes tend to work in the USA.

The Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris hotel is apt to be pricy. You may want to check the Hilton at Charles de Gaulle airport, assuming you will be taking your overnight at CDG, and take the RER into town - the gare for the RER is less than a block from the Hilton CDG, walked quite easily. You might find some savings doing that, and they do, iirc, have sufficiently large bedroosm to take two adults, a child and a two year old.

I'd also suggest with a two year old, the lengthy bus and taxi (or still possibly lengthy and expensive taxi) ride to the Hilton ADT and back to the airport may not be so useful, as the property is in a largely residential neighborhood (lovely park nearby) with not much to do in the immediate vicinity for adults or a 12 year old. (The one night stopover period of time is a bit of a handicap for any genuine enjoyment of Paris, IMO - I'd want to take my kids to the Tuileries, etc. etc.