FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts for a 25th birthday party in Amsterdam
Old Jul 14, 2012, 4:17 am
papyPiHi

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Thoughts for a 25th birthday party in Amsterdam

Hi Folks,

So here it goes, in October I'll be reaching one major milestone in my life: the quarter of a century!
In order to celebrate it with my friends who are scatterred all over the world, I thought about doing it in Amsterdam, as it is a party destination easily reached from France, the UK, Germany, Austria and Sweden, countries in which most of my European friends live.

The only drawback is, I don't know Amsterdam that well (had a few train connections there a few years ago so I explored the city centre a few hours at a time) and I am browsing the web for ideas.
The catch is, I don't want to end up doing the typical stuff that most people do when in AMS: coffee shops are for the moment out of scope, and so are the ladies in their red cabins

We might be between 12 and 20 depending on the number of definite answers, all between 23 and 32 years old.

I was thinking about the following plan:
Friday evening: Arrival in AMS and check in at the hotel (not yet defined, probably something close to the central station). Then a few drinks in the city centre and back to bed.
Saturday: Visit of the Van Gogh and Anne FRank museum, flower market(althgough I don't think this will be the season), maybe something like a bike or boat tour. Then dinner party in some nice and original place, followed by a nightclub.
Sunday: rest time, perhaps some visits, and flights back home in the evening.

But as I am not familiar with the city, I don't know where would be the perfect place to host a party. I had a look at tripadvisor, and Blauw aan de Wal seems a nice option.
Any ideas on what to do, and where to eat (I'm thinking around 20-25€ per head without alcohol, is that a high price range for AMS?)?
Thank in advance,
PapyPihi