FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gross incompetence: Missing miles claim for flight taken on partner airlines (AA)
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:05 pm
Wildboar

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Thumbs down Gross incompetence: Missing miles claim for flight taken on partner airlines (AA)

I flew AA in Dec-Jan and quoted my Etihad Guest number. In the first week of March since i had not recieved my miles i initiated a missing miles claim by e-mailing them my e-tkt and scannede copy of the BP for the 4 sectors i had flown (Del-ORD, ORD-CUN, MEM-ORD, ORD-DEL).

Its been over 4 months since i initiated the claim and i have only recieved the miles for 2 of the sectors. This is after at least 15-20 follow up calls to their India and UAE call centers. The problem is that the call center executives dont have the authority to add partner miles and the Etihad guest service team dont seem to respond to their e-mails. Every time that i ask them the reason they say that they have not yet recieved a revert from AA but i find it very surprising that AA has reverted on 2 of the sectors (one onward and one return) but not the other 2.

Any tips on how i can pursue this or a person that i can e-mail and escalate this issue to would be very helpful.