FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange situation - F seat not needed, can I give it away
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:10 pm
mjfink

I sure as he** hope not. I know that they will cancel you if you miss a leg in a multi-hop, but I've never heard of them cancelling you for having 2 tickets before. This whole thing is a legitimate problem, I bought the PBI->PHL as a roundtrip ticket and fully intended to fly it. Then I fought out I needed to be in Dallas on Monday and bought another ticket PHL-DFW-CLT-PBI. Not trying to game the system at all with my purchases of these tickets, just trying to game it and get my wife the better seat that I paid for when booking.

In hindsight, I should have put the FC ticket in her name, I just wasn't thinking it all the way through.

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
One issue here: if you have 2 tickets under your same name- one from PHL-DFW, one from PHL-BWI, isn't there a risk that one of them will get canceled?

I would avoid putting my frequent flyer number into one of them-the paid one, I guess, or would put a United number into that one.