FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore FIRST AVALIBILITY
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:21 pm
globaltravelers

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
HEADS UP: SG F STILL BOOKABLE online AS OF 8PM MST

I got greedy and just booked online and ticketed 2 MORE SQ F Sin-sfo with aeroplan online. initially called aeroplan today but agents said flights not available to them !

I already booked 20 (!) SQ F segments since sunday with various miles (for 2 person). now sitting at 22 SQ F long haul segment on 77w, plus 2 more SQ C on A380 that i booked last year and 4 SQ C sin-MLE.

This deal is at a great timing, i was debating and crying over having to cancel 4 segment LX New F on the A333 later in the year due to conflicting schedule, (as LX F is now not bookable), but now was able to change and book SQ F to maldives...!!!

reading flyertalk have caused lot of lack of sleep as i had to call at 3am on saturday night when i found out about the SQ F... then again last night when i saw inventory wide open!

This really made my flyertalk year as we just came back from LH F on A380 reward for 2 persons (FRA-SFO) and experienced the FRA FCT recently, and we were still crying over it !

i suspect that after talking to us air last night (was trying to change an us air award) that SQ sent memos to other FFs to manually advised their staff not to book any SQ F or C. (agent at us air told me they got the memo sq is upgrading their system, and sometimes it work sometimes it does not.. etc.. and was laughing saying that you can try again HUACAG with different agent later..)

Good luck hunting!!