FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia travel optimization with OW preference
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:24 pm
Aphrodite91

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
So it seems the only OW airline that really flies to Siem Reap is Malaysia, but it doesn't seem to fly to JFK (not coming up on Kayak). I'd probably have to use the AA partner awards chart and since Siem Reap is 8000 miles away, it would cost a ton of miles this way.

@sk8uno:
While I appreciate Phnom Penh may be interesting and Cambodia an interesting country, the primary purpose of the trip is to visit places in Thailand so I prefer not to inconvenience ourselves with a long bus ride and spend less time in Chiang Mai, Bangkok and Phi Phi to see more or Cambodia. I suppose you're pointing out that starting in Phnom Penh won't be a total waste of time as it could be nice to see, but it's just not a high priority on this trip.

@cuongduong
Thanks for the review! Somehow, I didn't realize that Asiana has lie flat seats... well, that could be because I am going from Hawaii, but they are showing up as 168 degree recline on seatguru. Though Seatguru has been wrong before and doesn't seem extremely up to date on plane modifications. Is this the case?