FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Time Share Presentation:AC J/Y, OZ F/C, CA Y, TG F/C/Y, LH F/C, Maglev, Renfe AVE
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:04 am
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Lufthansa
FRA-SEA (Frankfurt Flughafen – Terminal 1 – Seattle SeaTac Airport – South Satellite)
LH 490 – First Class (F)
09:50 AM – 11:15 AM
May 28, 2012
Booked: Airbus 330
Flown: Airbus 330-300

Settling in on board, we were welcomed into the blue alien pod seats. An older design but I personally found it neat looking, despite being at the end of its life cycle. At booking, we opted for the center seats at the back of first so that we could sit together. The load today was eight / eight. At least 5 of the seats were taken within 3 weeks of the flight date.

We were immediately offered a drink before take off. Ms World Traveller 73 asked for “sparkling wine”. This must have been a mental slip on her part. Perhaps it was because we were back in the land of asking women for their choices first, instead of the traditional men being asked first as throughout all of Asia.

“Err, Champagne, you mean?” was the reply.

“Ohh yes that would be lovely”

With that, a bowl of macadamia nuts was delivered and glass of the Laurient Perrier 2000.

We were passed out the shirt and the male / female Bogner amenity kits, along with in flight slippers. The FA’s had set up a lovely bar at the start of the flight complete with glass wear and all sorts of drinks.

His and her amenity kits (the patterned is the female kit). The female kit was suitably fashioned to keep Ms WT73 pleased.

We were 10 minutes late off push back waiting for a few other passengers. To help pass the time, a refill of champagne offered. When it was time to get underway, our flight attendant collected our glasses,

“Were about to take off… Don’t worry, I will bring you another on immediately once we are in the air.”

Once we were airborne, a towel service was offered, complete with a rose petal. The towels were lightly scented with a fragrance, compared to all the other towels that we had on the trip.

The menus and wine list passed out. I had previously read about the wonderful food that LH offered. I should note there that Ms WorldTraveller73 has a much more, err, mainstream taste when it comes to food. When she cracked the menu, I couldn’t help but chuckle at her reaction:

“Oh my word”!!” (in complete astonishment and part shock)

The emphasis on the food was indeed noticeable. The choices of mains were outstanding for a foodie like miyself. Essentially, I was in airline heaven. There was a choice of venison, scallops, guinea fowl or a vegetarian option of asparagus awaited us. I was super excited. I provided the calm re-assurances that she would not go hungry, even if she had to have 4 tabbuleh appetizers instead of a main course or a dish from business if needed.

We opted to eat a bit later than everyone else. Indeed, our flight attendant serving us confirmed that “we were the masters of time. “ The dinner order was taken with the question on whether we were to wake up for the last service 2.5 hrs before landing. I notice that the order sheet had a plan layout of the entire F cabin, including the surnames of each passenger and their food preferences.

I decided to get comfortable by changing into the “shirt”. Lufthansa has decided to only provide a shirt instead of a full pyjama for the “day” flights. Although the flight time is during the day, the FA’s close the windows and shades for a good portion of the flight, meaning that you exist in the darkness. It’s a low rent touch if you ask me. The flight attendant taking care of us offered to take our photo on several occasions, which was a nice, personal touch.

With the dinner service, I opted for the etagiere. The appetizers included. The tabulleh with cheese was the best airline food serving I had over the course of this whole trip. The caviar was also enjoyable. I enjoyed a glass of white burgundy to go with this.

Stamped butter:

Caviar with the traditional garnishes (and Smirnoff Red ):

Essence of Lemon Grass, cilantro, line and ginger served with coconut flavored Pike Quenelle:

Appetizer Etagiere, in order from the top:

Oriental Tabbouleh with Ewe's Cheese and crunchy sails,
Medium Rare Saddle of Beef, Fig Confit and Cashnew Nuts,
Sylt Matie Herring on Rye Bread with Green Bean Jelly and Beetroot Mousse

Tabbelueh and cheese is not a combination that I would normally pair, but the taste was simply sensational.

Stemware water glasses and wine glasses.

Bar out and placed on the center console for all to enjoy.

Rose service.

Ms World Traveller 73 enjoyed her dinner a la carte, She also enjoyed the starter tabbuloeh.

I enjoyed the Guinea Fowl for the main with a glass of the red Grand Cru Classee. The Guinea Fowl was nicely executed for airline food and easy to approach.

The cheese cart was brought around and the cheese had terrific flags on it, to identify what kind of cheese was on offer. The servings were generous and the cheese, ohh so tasty. I enjoyed another glass of champagne to finish it all off.

Blue de Gex, Brie, Appenzell, ashed Goat Cheese, and Le Coutances with Fig and Walnut Chuntey, Grapes, Cucumber and Carrot.

And to close: Apple and Cilantro Sorbet on Sake Jelly, served with Champagne upon your request.

Last edited by worldtraveller73; Jul 9, 2012 at 11:29 am