FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:46 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glenroebuck
I think somehow this got messed up for me - I did the two browser trick FF and IE

IE - visa
FF- amex

Filled them both out and then hit verify on the ie page it refreshed and blanked out all my info so I reinput it then verify and they both went to the submit button, I did ie first..got approved then firefox and got approved - then as I clicked through the last pages I noticed...they both said aa amex?? ...?? I have no idea how i messed this up so I quickly redid a visa app and it go sent to "futher review" status.

update - okay this is wild - I called for the status on my visa and they said it was in the final stages and should know tomorrow but...she said I was apporved for two aa amex cards and they would be sending me two - which I could cancel one when I get them? or keep and use both? uhh if I use them both and fufil the obligation - I should get the 50k miles from each correct?? And if they give me the visa --- would I be getting 150K miles?????
DOn't get excited. Even if you get all 3 cards, it'll likely turn out in the end that they'll send you a letter that you won't get the miles on one of them. But you can't tell right now which of the cards Citi will "recall" after realizing it's error. So I suggest you don't cancel anything and wait to see what Citi does, but unfortunately that also might mean not starting spend on both Amex cards right away, only one of them.

You can certainly get two Amex cards at the same time. People have done that before. What nobody has done, that I've heard of in recent years, is get three personal cards from Citi (AA or otherwise!) within 60 days. So it's most likely your Visa app will actually get denied, unless they make a special case for some reason and unapprove one of your Amex's to approve the Visa.

But in case they deny the Visa, just accept the two Amex's.